[aida] Unsorted comments...

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 01:48:51 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm starting to use AIDA on a personal "pilot" project I'm building.
I'm using the AIDA Squeak "one click image".

So far I found it's blazing fast when generating webpages (html).

But I also found I got confused with the  use of the WebElements to render html.
Maybe it's because I have a Seaside "canvas" mindset, and I'm a former
Perl:CGI monk.

In the tutorial, you create an instance of WebElement to add text and
other stuff, why do you create such instance? WebApplication (and your
own domain model apps) inherits from WebElement, what's the difference
between that?

The RESTful URI's are very valuable, specially when you don't want a
stateful component/app to render the model behind that URI, and
preserver the "RESTfulness" of your system.

Is it possible to have an URI and show a different view based on the
URN itself, and not its query?
E.g.:
The #mainView is the default one, so if your preferedUrl is '/foo/baz'
and you want to use the edit view, you will access it trough
'/foo/baz?view=edit'. Is it possible to use, '/foo/baz/edit' instead.

Esteban A. Maringolo