[aida] Web framework or Web Application Server?

Nicholas Moore nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
Tue Aug 19 12:37:58 CEST 2008

I think Jimmie has made some good points here.

Historically, Aida came along first, then Swazoo emerged as an integral
and necessary part of Aida. The web server aspect of Aida has made my
life much easier, so that I use it as a Web application server, not just
as a framework within which I can build web applications. Aida serves my
applications to the web (hence the label 'AIDA/Web').

The fact that a component of AIDA (Swazoo) has been so successful that
it has gained an independent life does not detract from the breadth of
the complete Aida offering.

Therefore I vote for the 'Web application server' label.

Nicholas

*Nicholas J Moore
Limoges
France