[aida] New logo proposal - edelweiss

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Aug 18 14:16:23 CEST 2008

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi wrote:
> I like very much the logo attached in your mail.
>
> But you need we vote over all proposals? or only over the last proposal?

No no, just comment all of them. Do you like it or not, why, what would
you change to be better, which variant prefer you most, which less.
Also, what about color etc.

What about edelweiss in the square, should this be the basic symbol?

> Other thing. I thought thath AIDA/Web is "Smalltalk Web Framework", and
> Swazzo is the "Smalltalk Web Server". I'm wrong?

No, that's true. Swazoo is web server while Aida is web framework. But
because Aida comes always with Swazoo, I think we shall name Aida as Web
application server, which is web framework + web server.

But on the other side, RoR and Seaside are declared only as web
frameworks and as we like to be on pair, we also use only "Web
framework" for Aida when appropriate.

Also if you see title of our website on Google, you'll see a long
"AIDA/Web Smalltalk Web Framework and Application Server". That's
because people search sometimes as web framework, sometimes as web
application, sometimes as web application server etc.

But a bit more thoughts and comments on that issue is welcome!

Janko