[aida] ComboBox and CheckButton element?

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 14:18:37 CEST 2008

Giuseppe,
Do you need just a drop-down, or a real combo box?  For a drop down, you can
use WebMenu:

      e addMenuCollection: aMenuCollection selectedToAspect: anAspect aspect
of: anObject.

For a "combo" box, I'd have to think about that...

To mark thinks in a Grid to delete, I am doing this:

abstractorListComponent
| e |
e := WebDataGrid new.
e columnNames: #('abstractor' '' '' '' ).
e columnAspects: #(#label nil nil nil ).
e collection: self observee loadAbstractors.
column: e columns size - 1
addBlock:
[ :rowObject |
WebElement new
addLinkTo: rowObject currentDesignPage
text: 'edit' ].
column: e columns size - 2
addBlock:
[ :rowObject |
WebElement new
addLinkTo: rowObject currentDesignPage
text: 'design'

checkboxesColumn: e columns size
collection: self observee selected.
^ e

where you can see the checkboxesColumn:collection: method in use, as well as
the idea of using a block to navigate to specific views based on a hyperlink
in a grid as well.

To delete the items, you can reference the collection in self observee
selected.  If the objects you are deleting are other web elements rendered
as pages, you are about to go down the road of Aida garbage collection, and
I might be able to point you in the right direction there when you get to
it!

Take care,

Rob