[aida] New blog: Aiding the web

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Sep 21 15:18:39 CEST 2007

Hello all,

It is my pleasure to announce a first blog which covers Aida/Web:

  	Aiding the web
	Leveraging the web with Smalltalk and AIDA/Web.
	by Damir Horvat
	http://aidingtheweb.blogspot.com/

Damir started from scratch, coming from RoR waters and he started
explaining his path to build a real web application:

	"I'm totaly new in world of Smalltalk. But I'm excited! From what I've
seen, Smalltalk has many advantages over today's most popular choices
(or companies best practices, if you will) used in web programming.

Here, I'll try to document all steps taken during building web
application with AIDA/Web framework. The application will be billing
system for small companies. It should include as many aspects of niche
as possible: issuing invoices, tax, customers list, notifying, XML
import/export, PDF generation and whatever features should prove to be
needed.

Note, however, I haven't yet started writing this application. I don't
event have required software installed. This is from-ground-up approach
and I challenge you to follow me. Even more, I dare you to surpass me
with your additions and features."