[aida] various

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Sep 11 11:44:28 CEST 2007

Hi Nicholas,

Nicholas Moore wrote:

> I have made a few minor changes that I want to share with you and are
> included in the attached file:
>
> 1)   I wanted to use a different cookie for each site that may be in an
> image, so have modified two methods to use 'cookieName':
> HTTPRequest-idFromCookie: aCookieName and  the sender:
> WebSessionManager-findOrMakeSessionFor: aRequest

Just curious, would you explain a bit more the reasons for having
different cookies for each site?

> 2)   Swazoo 2.0 needed a couple of slight changes for my image to work:
> Number-asString and SwazooServer class-isPersistent were necessary.

You can safely throw out that #isPersistent because it is a relict of
the past and it doesn't serve anything.

> 3)    W3C considers that it is now mandatory to have an alt statement
> associated with each image so I changed:
> WebImage-printHTMLPageOnforSession to include alt=''.

Good, by the way, did you try to validate Aida's webpages? How standard
compliant we are?

> 4)    I have created a small WebForum application (based on your
> WebDiscussion app), which you might like to see:
> WebForum.

That's the same as on your page? It looks better and existing
WebDicussions really need a replacement anyway. Are you planing to
separate design to CSS too? This would be fine to do. Later then we can
change forum look just by changing its CSS.

> I also have a question. How do you get the RichEditor to work? I have
> installed tinyMCE, but I have not been able to figure out how to invoke
> it. Did you create some methods within the image, or call it from the
> outside?

See http://www.aidaweb.si/tinymce.html for installation and
configuration instructions. Also don't forget to change home directory
in Settings to .\ if you are on Windows.

> Otherwise all is well, and I am enjoying 5.4.

Nice to hear that!