[aida] WebIFrame

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Oct 31 11:13:18 CET 2007

Hi Glenn,

Glenn Swanlund a écrit :

> I’m trying to port a prototype Windows Explorer type application to
> Aida (it is working as a straight HTML/JavaScript app).
>

> I started out in Aida with two WebIFrames, one for the folders and one
> for the selected folder’s contents. There are two classes used for the
> model, one is the tree root and the other is the tree node. Each of
> these classes has an associated App class. Using the demo site, I
> added a new url with a test model. The tree App class adds two
> WebIFrame pages that then appear in the browser but the page contents
> show nested Aida demo pages. I added some text to both WebIFrame pages
> but it is not rendered. I’m stuck on what to do after that.
>

> I’m wondering about the approach. Should the two WebIFrame pages be
> part of WebStyle, should they come from a manager App that creates the
> two pages, or have the tree App manage the pages.
>

> Has anybody had any experience with WebIFrame that could provide some
> help?

Interesting design question! I would try to make a tree node and its App
as main page, with two iframes included, an iframe with node info simply
pointing back to the same node but with another view. For a tree iframe,
i would also use the same node app. Maybe I would made here a standalone
component and register it in a session userValues to preserve tree state
among web pages?

If you'll have problems with content not refreshing put a method
#aidaDontCache returnning true to your node object.

I hope this can help you a bit.