[aida] A simple AJAX batcher for Aida

nicolas petton petton.nicolas at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:03:57 CET 2007

Hi,

a batcher is a component wihich takes a list of elements, and creates pages
with them. For example, if you have 20 elements and if you want to display 5
elements per page, you'll have 4 pages, and a footer with links to pages :

"<< 1 2 3 4 >>"

In Seaside it's called a batched list. Maybe it's a better name ?

2007/10/28, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si>:

> Nicolas,
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what is Ajax batcher?
>
> Janko
>
> nicolas petton a écrit :
> > I needed a batcher for my blog to display posts, so I decided to write a
> > component. It is based on WebGrid, and uses AJAX to batch.
> > It batches a collection a webElements, and the batch size can be
> > specified. It still needs some clean up, but it seems to work fine (on
> > Squeak, not tested on VW yet).
> >
> > Usage example :
> > WebBatcher new batchsize: 10; batchedElements: --a collection of
> > WebElements--
> >
> > Any feedback is appreciated.
> >
> > Nicolas

Nicolas