[aida] Another question...(about WebUser)

nicolas petton petton.nicolas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:52:45 CEST 2007

Le vendredi 26 octobre 2007 à 13:44 +0200, Janko Mivšek a écrit :
> Hi Nicolas,

> >> You are right, better avoid subclassing and rather use extensions. So on
> >> Squeak, if you have a package MyPackage, add method category *MyPackage
> >> in class WebUser and that's it! You don't need change any other classes
> >> in that case, specially not WebSecurityManager etc.
> >>

> > But if I don't suclass, there will be no field for website (in the
> > registration form, and update form), right ? I didn't see the code for
> > this in WebSecurityManagerApp>>userElementForm: or
> > WebAdminApp>>viewRegistration
> >
> Then override those methods too with your own ones in your package and
> you'll have the same result but without subclasing.

Thank you Janko for your answers.
But if I do it, there will be another problem: this will be applied to
all AIDASites.

I have another idea, but I don't know how to do. I would like to
subclass WebSecurityManagerApp but without subclassing
WebSecurityManager. But is there a way to set a custom app to an object
(an app with a different name)? Something like:
UrlResolver defaultUrl: '/admin.html' forObject: admin app: MyAdminApp

Thank you,

Nicolas

Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr