[aida] Errors in WebLiveImage ?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Oct 17 22:52:03 CEST 2007

nicolas petton wrote:

> I took a look at Aida/Web code, and the first thing I should say is :
> Wow!
>
> Almost everything I need is already written, this framework is awesome,
> well thinked and written! So much power and simplicity, very very good
> job Janko, thanks for writting Aida ! I definitively love your work :)

Thank you Nicolas! It is just too nice feeling when someone find your
work useful :)

> I saw 1 or 2 strange things in WebLiveImage class :

Well, WebLiveImage (better word would be WebInstantImage, because it is
rendered instanlty, just before sent to browser) is not yet ported to
Squeak, because I don't have enough knowledge of Squeak graphics yet.
Otherwise you can see it in action here:

	http://demo.aidaweb.si/demos.html?view=liveImage

> First, in WebLiveImage>>refresh, the class Timestamp does not exist in
> Squeak, the class is TimeStamp (and this is in lot of other methods).

Actually it will become a SpTimestamp from Sport portability layer.
Migration of Aida to use Sport is not yet completely done.

> Other strange thing : there are accessors for the instance variable
> resolver, but this variable is not defined.

Same reason - porting not finished yet.

Thanks for those remarks and I'm waiting you for more!

JAnko