[aida] WebStye (was stupid question)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Oct 16 22:15:22 CEST 2007

Hi Nicolas,

>> Start with WebStyle>>pageFrameWith:title:
>>
>> The WebStyle catches the doesNotUnderstand from WebApplication when your viewMain method sends self pageFrameWith:title:
>
> Thanks a lot Dirk, now it's clearer to me :)
> I think the main issue here is that I'm still thinking the Seaside
> way...

Well, this redirection is strange on first sight for every Smalltalker
too, but with a bit of explanation you can understand the reason behind:
  a support for another separation between content and style - between
HTML and CSS. CSS support (and style support in general, like "framing"
of page with above mentioned method) is therefore delegated to WebStyle
and its subclasses.

Another neat feature is that you can change styles on runtime, simply by
changing style in AIDASite.

Third reason: that way you can host a same application to many customers
at once, with different style for each. That way you can simply
customize you app to customer wishes, but still run all of them from the
same image.

But WebStyle don't hold only CSS, but also images and JS code. Images
are stored in methods (so called method images). The same goes with
JavaScript code. This is similar to WAFileLibrary in Seaside.

And I'm extending WebStyle to support Joomla templates ...