[aida] Aida/Web or Seaside ?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Oct 15 14:58:53 CEST 2007

Hi Nicolas,

nicolas petton wrote:

>> 1. REST-like, nice, bookmarkable, fully automatic URL management,
> What do you mean by automatic URL management ?

For example in a blog - you have aBlog with many instances of BlogEntry.
So in Aida you made a web page with links to entries simply by providing
references to those entries. Something like:

BlogApp>>viewMain

self observee entries do: [:entry |
   self addLinkTo: entry text: entry title.
   self addBreak].

Url's to entries will be done automatically, by default in a format like
/object/o2543232.html. But you can direct Url generation by signaling a
preferred Url by your domain object. In your case simply implement a
method #preferedUrl in BlogEntry, for example:

BlogEntry>>preferedUrl

    ^'/', self date printString, '/', self title, '.html'

>> Back to blog: interesting is that I'm just thinking also to start
>> developing my own blog (and also writing into, about Aida), so if you
>> are interested, we can develop it together! What do you think?
>
> Good idea ! My blog (written in Seaside) is almost finished, but I want
> to rewrite it (mostly because of those urls...). Aida/Web seems to be a
> good framework for that purpose :)

Definitively.

> Is Aida hard to learn ?

Well, simplicity is one of the main goals of Aida from the start and I
hope it is so. But you are invited to take few minutes to make a
tutorial http://www.aidaweb.si/tutorial.html and be convinced by yourself.

>> À bientôt
> Do you speak french ?

Oui, je apprend français déjà deux ans, mais c'est difficile :)