No subject

Wed May 23 23:23:08 CEST 2007

perform most of the others out of the box experiences. We may or may not
equal or exceed their optimized experience, but we don't have to go
through the grief to get there. Rails, Django, Plone, etc. are not high
performing without a lot of tweaking. So they tweak, and tweak, and tweak.

To me this is enabling technology. Technology that enables not just the
technology experts, but the idea guys/gals.

If I can reasonably stay all Smalltalk and just throw more boxes on the
rack in order to scale, then I will be very happy. If I have to add
another tool to my stack, then the closer to its out of box use that I
can stay the better. I don't want to have to be an Apache expert or hire
one.

Boxes are getting faster. Smalltalk's performance can be improved. I
know much effort is going on in Squeak for such. The simpler we can keep
things, the faster and more productive we can become. We can then
accomplish faster and easier what others require armies of programmers
for. :)

Don't worry about the naysayers. For those who have a different vision
and want to use all of the other tools. May God richly bless them and
make them fruitful on their journey. But don't let it sway you from a
vision of a high quality all Smalltalk stack.

The process for fixing bugs, security issues, etc. is so much better in
Smalltalk. Lets stay Smalltalk. :)

Smalltalk/Swazoo/AIDA/Web/Scribo enabling technology, enabling ideas. :)

Lets build it, and they will come. Time is on our side. Smalltalk has
seen many languages, platforms and tools come and go. It has watched the
next great thing, come and go.

Uh oh! Better stop. I'm preaching to the choir. :)

Jimmie