[aida] Restarting image

Stefan Schmiedl s at xss.de
Thu May 31 19:15:37 CEST 2007

On Thu, 31 May 2007 16:09:16 +0200
Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:

> Hi Damir,
>
> Damir Horvat wrote:
> > My web app is running and it's all (mostly :-) working the way I
> > want it.
>
> That's great news. Can you share some experiences or any troubles you
> had?

I spent a few hours on my project today, and all I can say is that
AIDASite class>>isOldEncoding: is *evil* if you feed it German text.
More on this in a separate post later.

> > If I save and exit the image and later start it again, I need to
> > restart Swazoo and start my web app again.
> > Is this normal, or am I doing some bad magic?
>
> That is "normal", because VW needs to reopen TCP sockets after
> restart again. It would be even better that Swazoo would do that
> automatically and I'm looking to add this in the future.

I came upon some stuff in the Database Application Development Guide
(IIRC), where it talks about reconnecting after restarting the image. I
guess you could gather some knowledge there to solve your problem.

s.