[aida] Static pages and templating (was web visibility)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Jun 29 14:31:29 CEST 2007

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

> This is one of the disturbing elements of web applications: They tend
> to hog IP-adresses and domain names, which makes it hard to add a web
> app to an existing (static) site.

That raises an interesting question: is static web site really so
different from dynamic part (web applications) that needs to be
separated. I think they shall be integrated as much as possible. That
way we can exploit many synergies and opportunities ...

As you probably know Aida can serve also static pages and it can use
even templating. You can include an AIDA tag into your static web page
and this tag will be replaced with dynamically produced html content.

For fictive example to add a hit counter on your static web page:

	<AIDA WebCounter current>

That is part of FileProxy and is there named as 'servlet'. Not the best
name and if we would awake templating, we should rename it.

But I admit that I didn't use templating for a while and I'm not sure if
it works in current Aida. But if anyone is interested, we can put it
back fast.