[aida] Web Components

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Jun 22 10:00:42 CEST 2007

Hi Stefan,

I think your proposition is really good for start. I would just open one
new tab with all three or four kinds of add-ons listed, for now. This
will be just an usual wiki page but later we can make more advanced web
app for maintaining add-ons.

Few more questions raised in my head:

- Distinction between components and extensions? Components are visual
parts of web page, while extensions extents functionality of Aida? Are
extensions also reusable web apps like Discussions in Aida-Parts? Also,
a name extensions clashes with category Aida-Extensions, which is
mandatory in Squeak.

Any better name? Parts? Just Apps?

- Packaging of add-ons for different dialects

- there will be a maintainer of add-on, what about porting it to
different dialects? Who will be responsible for that? Isn't it very
important to port any such add-on to as many dialects as possible?

- where to store Add-on packages? On aidaweb site? On public
repositories, on both?