[aida] Web Components

Stefan Schmiedl s at xss.de
Fri Jun 22 08:07:48 CEST 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 19:51:38 +0200
Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:

> Bruno,
>
> That's just perfect! I hardly wait for you to publish this package.
> And I'm already thinking to open a speciall section on Aida website,
> something like Add-ons, Extensions, CSS themes/skins etc.
>
> What would be the best name for that page and what for subsections?
>
> 	Add-ons ?
> 	- Components
> 	- Extensions (what kind?)
> 	- Themes or skins?
> 	- what else?

The best name for "that" page would be right what you have there:
5 pages

   Add-Ons

      AIDA can be easily extended bla bla bla...

      Components
      Components are "high-level" buildings blocks you can put on
      your web pages like ...

      Extensions
      Extensions enhance AIDA's functionality by improving the framework
      "behind the curtain"

      Themes or Skins
      Themes are purely visual candy

      Just stuff
      A grab bag full of snippets which do not (yet) fit into the other
      categories

   Components

      List of user supplied/supported components
      - name
      - purpose
      - short code snippet with small screenshot
      - AIDA versions, where it has been tested

   Extensions

      List of user supplied/supported extension
      - name
      - purpose
      - short code snippet of extension in use
      - AIDA versions, where it has been tested

   Themes

      List of user supplied/supported themes
      - name
      - one-line description
      - screen shot with a few distinctive elements
      - AIDA versions, where it has been tested

   Just stuff

      Contents of the grab bag
      - purpose of item
      - date of submission