[aida] Promoting AIDA (comparation)

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 14:56:55 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've been watching AIDA without getting in since a year or so, because
I've choosen the Seaside path.

I like Seaside by its community, and its growing pace (the fact that
now GemStone supports says a lot). By I don't see it as "server
friendly" solution, it is... it populates the VM with a lot of copied
processes, and I don't see a scalability guideline other than having
many images running separately. It's not hard to scale that way, but
it smells to "can be done better".

On the other hand, AIDA also offers an stateful component based web
framework, without having to deal with continuations and all that
stuff.

What I'm asking here, mainly to Janko who is the lead developer, and
to anyone who has used both frameworks (Seaside and AIDA) is a
comparison table with strong and weak points of each framework. And
how both solves common web framework issues as session handling (with
or without authentication), RESTful URI's, parameter passing,
component nesting, page caching, and other stuff which has a percent
of buzz and a percent of real need.

Best regards,

--
Esteban A. Maringolo