[aida] web visibility

Nicholas Moore nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
Tue Jun 12 15:47:31 CEST 2007

Hi Janko,

I have good and bad progress:
Good, my intranet (192.168. etc) works great.

Bad, I am having problems with the web. Using my fixed ip address
(217.128.227.203) as you suggested, I get an error when I do AIDASite start.

It fails in the following method:
    Swazoo.SwazooSocket class >> serverOnIP: anIPString port: anInteger

This method fails when executing:

    address := IPSocketAddress hostAddress: (self ipAddressFor:
anIPString)  port: anInteger.
        [socket bindTo: address]
            ifCurtailed: [socket close. Transcript cr; show: 'http
server: socket creation failed'].

The problem seems to be with my fixed ip address, which is supplied by
Wanadoo (Orange) and looks like this during the above method:
IPSocketAddress(port#57579
at:LAubervilliers-153-53-40-203.w217-128.abo.wanadoo.fr)

If I set up my firewall to pass any requests for the specified port
number to my local address (192.168.0.12) then I get an 'Error 404 not
found' from the Swazoo web server. I guess this is a good sign, at least
my image is being touched, but I am not sure how to solve this, and any
help would be appreciated.

Nicholas

-