[aida] email notification

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Jun 8 20:13:15 CEST 2007

Hi Nicholas,

Nicholas Moore wrote:
> I am using the standard VM AIDA/Web server, which mostly works very
> well. I am having a problem getting new (non-admin) users accepted onto
> the system.

Nice to hear that! About adding new users, you can of course add them
manually if you go to Security, Users, Add user. This user will be
automatically added to group All users. Add him manually to group
Registered users and set access rights (view/update rights to your App
classes).

Yes I know, this security setup app is sooo old fashioned, but FYI, it
is my first web app back from 1996 :) And it needs rewrite, I know....
Security documentation is also waiting for that rewrite.

> The first thing I want to check is, does the email notification system
> work? I am not sure if the problem is in my image or smtp configuration,
> but I can not see how an email might be despatched from within the image?

Well, auto registration is not yet quite completed, but it would be easy
to do. You can use VW SMTP client for that. Maybe for a little exercise
for you? :)

Best regards
JAnko