[aida] About observee

Nicholas Moore nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
Sat Jun 2 12:11:52 CEST 2007

Hello Damir,

I have just worked through the same process as you and here is my
understanding of some of the key methods for the site layout:

WebStyle >> pageFrameWith: wide: title: this method provides the
framework of the page, within which you can place your application (by
using 'viewMain'. You will see that it invokes 'headerBanner' and
'headerElement' for instance as well as the 'navigationBarElement'. You
can replace these various messages with your own to populate your page.

If you look at: WebStyle >> headerElement you will see that it calls
WebElement >> newId: #logo. Now look at WebStyle >> css3Header for
example, and you will see how #logo is defined in css format.

You may have worked through this already, but if not, I hope this helps,

regards
Nicholas

Damir Horvat wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 03:04:16PM +0200, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
>

>> You'll have multiple instances of any given view in your system, once
>> the app is running and in use. Every single view has to know which
>> domain object is being displayed in it. observee is this reference.
>>

> I get it. Whenever I'd like to display object's value in a view,
> I need 'observee' to get the reference to that object.
>

>>> b) How to start with blank sheet?
>>> Tutorial adds new page to a site. How does one
>>> start with empty site and builds from there?
>>>
>> That depends on what you mean with "empty site".
>> Are you referring to the navigation links here?
>>

> In tutorial, I only added new page (addressbook.html) to existing
> site with top and left (menu) section already added.
>
> I'd like to start with new site, and entering www.site.tld would
> display index.html view.
>

> Thanks for your help.
>
> Damir Horvat

*Nicholas J Moore*
+44 7786 063 333
+33 555 092 140
+33 682 904 357
*TSR International
*Thought Leaders in Communication & Complexity
www.TSR-i.com